Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Tuesday, November 19 2019 - Sign Up for Stuff, Open Lab &, Rube Goldberg

Mechatronics Engineering Google Site
Special Instructions: Take a look at the NOV STEM Magazine

Entry Ticket
    Please sign up for this Technology Site or Resource Subscription.

      Open Systems Media - This is an Engineering Subscription Media group

      You can sign up for a number of weekly, monthly Technology news letters and News briefs. Create an account and select the information you want to get.


      • Please use your personal email.  Why? Because you want to keep getting this information long after your have graduated from my class. 
      • What name and address do you give them?  I always use my real name, and so should you.  I typically give them my school address.  Sometimes I’ll use my home address… it depends on what they are sending.  If they are going to send me a “print” version of the material, then I typically give my home address… and so should you. 
      • What about your Phone?  I always put my cell phone.  They virtually never call you.  In 90% of the cases where they do call me, it is a year later when they are updating your subscription… otherwise I never get actual phone calls.
      • Sometimes, the subscription “Registration” will ask you questions about what your job function is.  I always try first to see if “Student / Educator or Education” is an option.  If not, I pick something that is close to “Design Engineer” or “Research and Development”... The point is they don’t really care, but you should represent yourself as close to a  “student/Engineer/Learner as you can… use your best judgment… just don’t make yourself a CEO or Vice President…
      • You will also typically get a list of components or products your “Buy or Recommend”.  Again, you don’t really do any of that… so I answer this by selecting everything that I’m interested in.  Their goal is to build a database of product they may want to send you information about… so pick a list of things you are interested.
      • They will ask you about your “Project”... like “Are you starting in 3 months, 6 months, Year, Never”… I almost always pick the largest option available.
      • They will ask you about your “Company”... like “How many employees are at your site”… I almost always pick the smallest option available.
      • For anything else, just do your best to select the option that represents you most like a “Student”, “Educator” or a “Design Engineer” or “Research & Development”





                    Open LAB  - Robot Club & Rube GoldBerg Project
                    • LAB - Duration: If There Is Time Min
                    • Link: Robot Club Google Sites
                    • Instructions & Expectations: Connect with your Robot Club Team.  You will either be working on your Robot Project or an Open Lab Project.  
                      • You will need to account for your time. You will need to convince me by your form submission that you worked given the time allotted. 
                      • If  you or your Robot Club Team worked on the Robot Club project, you will make sure your Robot Project Status Google docs are updated.  
                      • If you worked on an Open Lab Project, you will also need to tell me about what you accomplished and what you are planning next.
                    • How to Submit Assignment:   Each Student needs to account for your time.  
                    • Dig Deeper: Open Lab:
                    Clean Up
                    • Assignment - Duration: 2-10 Min
                    • Instructions & Expectations: Desk cleanup, put away all projects, find your assigned job
                    • How to Submit Assignment: When Complete, check yourself off on Sign Out Sheet - 2 Points

                    Helpful Links

                    No comments:

                    Post a Comment